Monday, June 23, 2014

Paddling into Summer

Summer is officially here! Well technically it was here 2 days ago, but lets not focus on that. My summer began with an awesome group of 4 paddling in the Eastern Shore National Wildlife Refuge. This trip, while being the first of the summer, also held another first. It was the first time I had someone flip their kayak twice! Now I don't want you to have the impression that it was because this particular person wasn't a skilled kayaker. One the contrary! He paddled very well. What caused him to get wet was his wanting to make sure his wife was okay. In the process of turning his head around to see where she was, he lost his balance and well......you can figure it out. I guess we can say that instead of being head over heels in love he is head under water in love with his wife! But in all seriousness, I had a blast on the water with Jim, Barbara, Dave and Kris. While the paddling was more difficult than usual due to the wind and the current, we were still able to share some laughs and see some awesome wildlife. I know that so far this year I have been lucky to have some great folks come paddling with me and I know my fellow guides have had a ton of fun as well. We will see what the rest of the summer holds!
-Tyler  

No comments:

Post a Comment