Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Why I Heart Kayaks




I'd like to reflect upon how much easier kayaks are to paddle than canoes.

For one thing, kayaks are studier and heaps easier to balance in. I noticed this while seeing my boyfriend nearly bucked out when he stepped from the dock into a seemingly innocuous canoe.

Also, canoes are more difficult to propel through the water. You have to switch hands when you paddle on different sides and canoe hulls are wide and cumbersome. You feel like you're dragging the boat though slippery mud.

Now, what I want is a slick, slim-lined fiberglass kayak that skims the water like a dragonfly. I want my strokes to be executed with a fluid roll of my wrists and shoulders. Man, I love kayaks.

By
Alex Rich
Southeast Expedition Enthusiast and Shop Assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment